Since Lauren & I started Jingle Belles in 2010, I've been recapping my five favorite Christmas cards of the year (you can find 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 here) ... I always enjoy revisiting my creations for the year.
Here they are in no particular order:
1. This card was for The Hanukkah Song prompt at Jingle Belles to make a card for someone who doesn't celebrate Christmas. I love how all of the die cuts, textures and layers work together in this design ... and I really love how the black doily makes everything pop with a great sketch from Cardabilities (I was sad to see that blog close this year).
2. This card for the Mix-It-Up Challenge at the Ellen Hutson blog still cracks me up. I love the punny sentiment and the non-traditional ombre holiday colors. The Prize Stag made a visit in a lot of my cards this year and I still love him.
3. I always have trouble picking a favorite from the Ellen Hutson 12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist, but I think this is the one for 2015. I love how it uses a traditional manila tag (that I later attached to a card before mailing). The skyscape ... glittery moon ... and Santa in the sky ... love it all.
4. This was a favorite color combination for Christmas 2015. I love the stenciled background and how the red ink-painted petals from the poinsettia just pop. I also love that I was able to do all of that stamping without a smudge.
5. Another poinsettia card makes it into the top five ... this one was for earth day at Jingle Belles. I love the various recycled elements, especially the green stamps which bring such pleasant memories of my childhood. I can almost still taste the adhesive as I licked them for my Grandma to fill-up our books.
And don't forget ... if you want to take back December 2018 one holiday card at a time, join the fun at Jingle Belles starting January 1st.