Cracked Monet ... or as BadSherry calls it 'Monet on Crack'. This was one of the Dare To Get Dirty challenges on SplitCoastStampers this weekend to celebrate the Dirty Dozen Fan Club's third birthday. The challenges pushed me to try new techniques, such as this one.
Watercolor paper was sprayed lightly with water (no puddles) and then the BugAWumps butterfly image was stamped in Ranger Adirondack Currant Dye ink. The slightly wet paper causes the image to blur slightly (thus the 'Monet' of the technique). After it dried, I cut it to size and covered the entire image with Versamark ink and Ultra Thick Embossing Powder. I repeated this process three times until there was a slick glaze covering the paper.
Then, I put the paper into the freezer for a minute or so to cool it down. When I removed it, I bent it slightly to produce the crackled glass effect. I dabbed a baby wipe in the Currant ink and rubbed it across the image, which allowed small amounts to seep into the cracks and emphasize the effect. The small circle is from the Stampin' Up Tagger's Dozen set.
I used a sketch challenge posted by genie1314 to design my card. The papers are from the Basic Grey Stella Ruby collection.